Berlin: Vertical Takes German Kids' Hit 'Little Ghost' for North America
Arri is handling international sales for the film, an adaptation of the best-seller by Otfried Preussler.
Vertical Entertainment, the U.S. marketing and distribution outfit launched last year by Rich Goldberg and Mitch Budin, has picked up North American rights to the German kids' title The Little Ghost from Arri Worldsales.
The live-action fantasy film, based on the best-seller by Otfried Preussler, has been a sleeper hit at home, where it has grossed more than $6 million (€4.5 million) at the German box office.
ARRI has sold the The Little Ghost to some 24 territories so far. The film is screening at the Berlin International Film Festival's Lola@Berlinale section focusing on German-language films and will be part of ARRI's sales slate at Berlin's European Film Market.
Among ARRI's EFM market premieres this year are Home From Home, the latest in Edgar Reitz's acclaimed Heimat film series and the drama Exit Marrakech from Oscar-winning director Caroline Link (Nowhere in Africa).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!