BERLINALE 2013: Jury Selected for Made In Germany Young Filmmaker Prize
Director Hans-Christian Schmid, actress Nicolette Krebitz and producer Heino Deckert will choose the winner from the Perspektive Deutsches Kino lineup.
COLOGNE, Germany - Award-winning German director Hans-Christian Schmid (Home for the Weekend), actress Nicolette Krebitz (Bandits) and producer Heino Deckert (In The Fog) will make up the jury for the 2013 Made in Germany - Perspective Fellowship honor, a $20,000 (€15,000) fellowship awarded to an up-and-coming German filmmaker to help them complete their next film.
The jury will pick next year's winner from the lineup of this year's Perspektive Deutsches Kino - the Berlin Film Festival's German cinema sidebar.
Director and screenwriter Annekatrin Hendel won the inaugural Made in Germany fellowship last year for her documentary Vaterlandsverraeter. Thanks in part to that funding, Hendel has just completed her script for Disko (Disco), a documentary about the 1986 terrorist bombing of a West Berlin disco frequented by U.S. soldiers. The project, which Hendel is developing together with public broadcaster RBB, is expected to go into production late next year.
The Made in Germany fellowship is backed by German watchmaker Glashutte Original, one of the Berlin Film Festival's sponsors.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR