Berlinale Talent Campus Sets Up Asian Branch at Tokyo FilmeX Festival
The local version of Berlin’s talent training school runs Nov. 21-26.
Los Angeles – The Berlinale Talent Campus is going on the road, with a version of the Berlin Film Festival’s mini-film school set to run at the Tokyo FilmeX Festival Nov. 21-26. The Tokyo Talent Campus will invite 15 young directors and producers from across Asia to take part in workshops, master classes and discussions with industry professionals.
In another Asian-Berlin exchange program, Oscar-winning Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Last Emperor) will attend next year’s Berlinale Talent Campus to mentor the event’s Score Competition, in which three young composers and/or sound designers score a short film excerpt and record it with the Babelsberg German Film Orchestra. The winner wins a trip to L.A. top sound studios.
The Berlinale Talent Campus celebrates its 10th anniversary next year, when it will play host to 350 up-and-coming film talents from around the world.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game