Berlinale Winners 'Sister,' 'The Crown Jewels' Heading To Hong Kong
23 European films secure film sales support for marketing at Asia's Filmart.
BERLIN - Europe's leading film sales firms are heading to Hong Kong's Filmart (March 19-22) with backing from European Film Promotion, which is providing some $81,000 (€62,200) for the promotion and marketing of Euro films at the region's leading film market.
Among the 23 titles getting backing from EFP's film sales support program at Filmart this year include Berlin film festival winners Sister from Ursula Meier, which France's Memento Films International is selling worldwide, and Danish period drama The Crown Jewels from TrustNordisk.
Other acclaimed dramas taking advantage of the program include the Oscar-nominated Belgian gangster drama Bullhead, which Celluloid Dreams is selling at Filmart, and The Adopted, a French drama from Studiocanal featuring actress Mélanie Laurent in her directorial debut.
For the second year running, European Film Promotion will also be hosting an umbrella stand at Filmart, which will play home to some 14 Euro sales companies during the event. France's Unifrance and Film Export UK will also have separate national business stands at Filmart this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR