Berlinale Winners 'Sister,' 'The Crown Jewels' Heading To Hong Kong
23 European films secure film sales support for marketing at Asia's Filmart.
BERLIN - Europe's leading film sales firms are heading to Hong Kong's Filmart (March 19-22) with backing from European Film Promotion, which is providing some $81,000 (€62,200) for the promotion and marketing of Euro films at the region's leading film market.
Among the 23 titles getting backing from EFP's film sales support program at Filmart this year include Berlin film festival winners Sister from Ursula Meier, which France's Memento Films International is selling worldwide, and Danish period drama The Crown Jewels from TrustNordisk.
Other acclaimed dramas taking advantage of the program include the Oscar-nominated Belgian gangster drama Bullhead, which Celluloid Dreams is selling at Filmart, and The Adopted, a French drama from Studiocanal featuring actress Mélanie Laurent in her directorial debut.
For the second year running, European Film Promotion will also be hosting an umbrella stand at Filmart, which will play home to some 14 Euro sales companies during the event. France's Unifrance and Film Export UK will also have separate national business stands at Filmart this year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!