Berlusconi's Mediaset Studying Merging Key Pay-TV Holdings
The move would create a formidable new pan-European pay-TV player.
MADRID -- Silvio Berlusconi’s Mediaset said Wednesday it is studying combining its key European pay-TV holdings, including 100 percent of the Mediaset Premium in Italy and 22 percent of Mediaset Spain, which owns pay platform Digital Plus, as well as the options and rights held by each of the two sides.
The study is designed to examine the potential development at the international level, possible synergies, over-the-top services expansion and the financial and industrial alliances of each company.
Mediaset and Mediaset Spain said they will present the study’s results at their next board meetings.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR