Berlusconi's Mediaset Studying Merging Key Pay-TV Holdings
The move would create a formidable new pan-European pay-TV player.
MADRID -- Silvio Berlusconi’s Mediaset said Wednesday it is studying combining its key European pay-TV holdings, including 100 percent of the Mediaset Premium in Italy and 22 percent of Mediaset Spain, which owns pay platform Digital Plus, as well as the options and rights held by each of the two sides.
The study is designed to examine the potential development at the international level, possible synergies, over-the-top services expansion and the financial and industrial alliances of each company.
Mediaset and Mediaset Spain said they will present the study’s results at their next board meetings.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues