BermanBraun lures Yahoo CFO
Lloyd Braun has again raided his former employer, Yahoo, to fill a position at his new production company, BermanBraun.
Mike Weetman, CFO of Yahoo's networks division, will rejoin Braun as COO of BermanBraun. He also will function as CFO and head of business development at the firm, which Braun launched six months ago with former Paramount Pictures president Gail Berman.
The hire is Braun's second poaching from Yahoo in as many months. In July, he lured Geraldine Martin-Coppola, director of media group strategy at Yahoo, in-stalling her as head of interactive at the company. Weetman also was CFO of Yahoo's media group, which Braun previously headed, before moving on to the networks division.
"Mike is a world-class executive with unrivaled experience in traditional and new media," Berman and Braun said. "His business acumen, strategic mind and operational expertise will be invaluable to our company as we seek to create unique, original content across all platforms."
Weetman has worked in Hollywood before, including stints at DreamWorks Home Entertainment, 20th Century Fox and EMI Music North America.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR