BermanBraun lures Yahoo CFO
Lloyd Braun has again raided his former employer, Yahoo, to fill a position at his new production company, BermanBraun.
Mike Weetman, CFO of Yahoo's networks division, will rejoin Braun as COO of BermanBraun. He also will function as CFO and head of business development at the firm, which Braun launched six months ago with former Paramount Pictures president Gail Berman.
The hire is Braun's second poaching from Yahoo in as many months. In July, he lured Geraldine Martin-Coppola, director of media group strategy at Yahoo, in-stalling her as head of interactive at the company. Weetman also was CFO of Yahoo's media group, which Braun previously headed, before moving on to the networks division.
"Mike is a world-class executive with unrivaled experience in traditional and new media," Berman and Braun said. "His business acumen, strategic mind and operational expertise will be invaluable to our company as we seek to create unique, original content across all platforms."
Weetman has worked in Hollywood before, including stints at DreamWorks Home Entertainment, 20th Century Fox and EMI Music North America.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)