'Bernie Gunther' Author Tapped to Pen 'Poison Kitchen' for Constantin
The author is best known for his books featuring a German policeman named Bernie Gunther.
British author Philip Kerr has been tapped to pen the screenplay to The Poison Kitchen for Constantin Film.
Kerr is known for his thriller novels set in early 20th century Germany (March Violets, The Pale Criminal) as well as the creator of the popular kids book series Children of the Lamp.
His knowledge of German history was a strong suit in nabbing the gig as Kitchen is based on a chapter in Ron Rosenbaum’s best-selling 1998 book Explaining Hitler. Set in 1920’s Munich, Germany, the story tells of the rise of Nazism seen by journalists who tried to expose the party as criminals.
Robert Schwentke (Flight Plan) is attached to direct the project whle Constantin’s Robert Kulzer and Margo Klewans will produce. The company’s Martin Moszkowicz will exec produce.
Kerr is repped by CAA and A.P. Watt in the UK.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!