Bertelsmann Doubles Profits in Q1
German media giant controls RTL Group, Random House.
CANNES - German media giant Bertelsmann doubled its net profit in the first quarter to $134 million (€94 million) while revenues inched up to $5.17 billion (€3.63 billion).
Bertelsmann, which controls leading European broadcaster RTL as well as publishing group Random House, also trimmed its debt burden.
As of March 31, 2011, the company was holding $2.5 billion (€1.74 billion) in net financial debt and total economic debt was down significantly at $6.6 billion (€4.9 billion).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR