The Best of 2011 (So Far)
A critic tries to tune out the Oscar prognostication and keep the focus on the films.
The general sense you get from all the chatter, informed and otherwise, about the movies of 2011 is that there's no decisive front-runner in any category for the diverse year-end honors, of which there are now far too many. To me, that's a good thing and a fine excuse for everyone to abstain from further crystal-ball gazing until all of the year's films have been seen.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- American Horror Story’s Gabourey Sidibe on Queenie’s Fate, Twerking on Kathy Bates, and Sundance Perks
- Ryan Murphy Talks Self-Policing, Jessica Lange’s Exit, and What’s Next on American Horror Story: Coven
- FX Orders Middle Eastern Political Drama Tyrant
- Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side