'Best Man Holiday' Director Malcolm D. Lee to Helm 'Girls Trip' for Universal
"Ride Along" producer William Packer will produce the film, which will shoot this summer.
The Best Man Holiday helmer Malcolm D. Lee has signed on to direct Girls Trip for Universal.
William Packer (Ride Along, Think Like a Man) will produce the pic via his Will Packer Productions banner. Details of the film are currently being kept under wraps, but production is expected to begin this summer.
Lee's The Best Man Holiday was a strong hit for Universal. The sequel, which came out more than a decade after The Best Man (which Lee also directed), opened in mid-November to $30.1 million. It's grossed more than $71 million to date. Lee is repped by Resolution Agency and Del Shaw.
Packer has produced a slew of Kevin Hart-starring films that have had strong performances at the box office. His most recent films include Ride Along and About Last Night, both currently in theaters. He's repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama