'Best Man Holiday' Director in Talks to Return for Followup
Malcolm D. Lee would write and direct the upcoming project, as well as produce with Sean Daniel.
With Best Man Holiday enjoying many happy returns at the box office, Universal is hoping to keep the good times going with a sequel.
Malcolm D. Lee is in talks to return what is becoming a surprise franchise for Universal and will write and direct another comedy ensemble, THR has confirmed. Lee also will produce with Sean Daniel.
Holiday was a reunion between Lee and the cast of The Best Man, a well-regarded comedy released in 1999 that starred Taye Diggs, Terrence Howard, Nia Long and Monica Calhoun, among others.
The movie was made for $17 million but opened to $30.1 million at the box office this weekend.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR