The Best Movies in the World
Judging will be harder (and more time-consuming) than ever with a record number of submissions.
The foreign-language Oscars are notoriously hard to predict. Last year, everyone thought famous Wim Wenders' Pina would beat Belgian nobody Michael R. Roskam's Bullhead -- but Bullhead got nominated and Pina didn't. This year, THR awards analyst Scott Feinberg has tagged Austria's Amour, France's The Intouchables, Denmark's A Royal Affair, Israel's Fill the Void and Switzerland's Sister as the most likely nominees. But the judging will be harder (and more time-consuming) than ever with a record 71 submissions. The Academy will release the shortlist Jan. 2 and the five nominees Jan. 10.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR