Oscars: Four-Minute Montage Revisits Every Best Picture Winner (Video)
From the black-and-white films that started it all, to the black-and-white film that won last year, a new video highlights every winner of the top Academy Awards prize.
While it might take some time to watch every best picture award winner at the Academy Awards since the show began, you can now get a taste of each of the films, all in a short four minutes. Nelson Carvajal, a Vimeo user, put together a montage with short clips from every winner in the category -- from Wings in 1928 to The Artist in 2012.
Set to the tune of “November” by Max Richter, the video features 84 clips that trigger memories of each film, such as Ingrid Bergman’s teary-eyed face from Casablanca and Julie Andrews as Maria Von Trapp in The Sound of Music.
The end of the montage features clips from all nine of this year’s best picture nominees. Will Amour, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook or Zero Dark Thirty be added to the end of Carvajal’s video? Find out when the Academy Awards air on Sunday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR