The Best (and Worst) Kills From the 'Friday the 13th' Franchise
A full 33 years after the groundbreaking slasher series got its start, THR revisits the best -- and the worst -- kills at the hands of the hockey-masked one who shall not be named.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the horror flick Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood and a full 33 years since the groundbreaking slasher franchise got its start. Two months ago, Warner Bros. handed half of the franchise back to Paramount as part of a deal that gave them a stake in Christopher Nolan's next project -- and a new Jason film is indeed in the works. With this week ending on a Friday the 13th, now is a good time to look back at the five best and five worst kills from the long-lived slasher series.
1. Andy is sliced in two with a machete while walking on his hands in Friday the 13th Part III (1982).
2. Rick’s head is crushed in Jason’s hands until his eye pops out at the screen in Friday the 13th Part III.
3. Russell’s face is cut in half with an axe in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988). (Scene begins at 2:15)
4. Jack (a young Kevin Bacon) is stabbed in the throat with an arrow from under the bed in Friday the 13th (1980).
5. Jason’s mother is beheaded with a machete in Friday the 13th.
And ... the Worst
1. Julius is decapitated by having his head punched completely off his body in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989).
2. Jason himself is “killed” by being stabbed in the heart and then actually dragged down into hell in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993). (Scene begins at 0:53)
3. Burt is thrown against a tree, crushing his head and stabbing him with a branch as his blood colors a smiley-face on the tree, in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986).
4. Judy is beaten to death inside a sleeping bag as it’s smashed against a tree in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988).
5. J.J. is beaten to death with an electric guitar in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.