BET, Louder Than Life Partner for 'Music Matters' Compilation Series
BET Networks and its new artist program Music Matters has partnered with Louder Than Life/Red Associated Labels to launch a compilation album series: BET Presents Music Matters Vol. 1. Featuring new music from Miguel, Big Sean, Mack Wilds, Melanie Fiona and The Internet, among others, the compilation will be released June 23 in support of the second annual BET Experience (June 27-29). The three-day music and lifestyle festival culminates with the BET Awards on June 29, hosted by Chris Rock.
PHOTOS: BET Awards Arrivals: Jamie Foxx, Snoop Lion, Gabrielle Douglas Hit the Red Carpet
Now available for preorder at Amazon, the 15-track compilation sports a mix of established acts and rising stars. Music Matters is a multiplatform initiative that provides exposure for groundbreaking talent across BET and Centric, in addition to national tours and monthly showcases. Kendrick Lamar, Miguel, Elle Varner, J. Cole and Marsha Ambrosius are among the artists who have been spotlighted by Music Matters.
Salaam Remi, who founded Louder Than Life last July and doubles as executive vp A&R and production at Sony Music Entertainment, is the executive producer of the BET Presents Music Matters compilation album series. Collaborating with Remi is Kelly G, senior director of music programming for BET Networks.
STORY: BET Awards: Drake, Kendrick Lamar Among Big Winners
1. "Music Matters Theme" -- Marsha Ambrosius
2. "Gravity" -- Miguel
3. "Prove" -- Gabi Wilson
4. "My Crib" (Remix) -- Mack Wilds featuring Pusha T
5. "It's a Man's World" -- Adrian Marcel
6. "Lit" -- Bas featuring J. Cole and KQuick
7. "Memories" -- Big Sean
8. "Dontcha" -- The Internet
9. "Walking Shoes" -- Mali Music
10. "Liquid Love" -- Chris Turner
11. "Under the Covers" -- Curtis Fields
12. "Touch" -- Ashley Kimbrae
13. "Cold Case" -- Elle Varner
14. "Where It Counts" -- Melanie Fiona
15. "Friends and Lovers" -- Marsha Ambrosius
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.