BET Refuses to Air Nicki Minaj Music Video (Report)
The music channel takes issue with the explicit nature of the footage for the rapper's new song "Stupid H-e," according to a report.
Has Nicki Minaj been banned at BET?
According to TMZ, the music network has banned the rapper's new music video for her song "Stupid H-e" after deeming it too raunchy.
In the clip, directed by Hype Williams, Minaj -- sporting her signature cartoonish outfits -- repeats the title lyrics along with other explicit words, while writhing around in a cage, among other behavior befitting her manic-vixen persona. Among the song's tamest rhymes: "I’m Angelina, you Jennifer/ C’mon b--h, you see where Brad at."
Meanwhile, an image of a bare behind -- a clear tribute to Minaj's famous derriere -- flashes repeatedly on the screen. (If the report of BET's refusal to air the video has any weight, that might have had something to do with the channel's decision.)
A BET representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.As for the video, judge for yourself at the link (warning: NSFW).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR