BET President Apologizes to Chris Brown for Awards Mixup
Stephen Hill says the wrong name was “human error... And I was the human that made that error.”
BET president Stephen Hill has apologized to Chris Brown after his ex Rihanna was accidentally given the Viewers' Choice award at Sunday's awards show.
"That BET Awards Viewer's Choice mix-up was due to human error. And I was the human that made that error. I apologize to ALL affected," Hill wrote on Twitter.
Drake said it was "awkward" when he accepted the award from guest presenter Tiffany Green, who first read out Brown, then Drake and Rihanna’s name. (Drake was Rihanna's most recent boyfriend. Rihanna at one point had a restraining order against Brown for allegedly beating her.)
Green defended herself on Twitter as well.
"The tablet f***in said CHRIS BROWN....the TELEPROMPTER said Rihanna. What the F***?????? Goin home..... " she said, referring to the tablet that she was supposed to read the winner from.
Host Kevin Hart clarified at the end of the show Drake won the award. He collected four trophies altogether that night.
Late Monday night, Brown released a remix of "Marvin's Room" -- which was most recently recorded by Drake.
But he said he wasn't trying to slam Drake's version, even though he appears with his middle finger up.
"no diss record either for all the slow people out there! just writing from the other perspective!" he Tweeted.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR