Bethenny Frankel and Husband Jason Hoppy Separate
The stars of reality TV show "Bethenny Ever After" have decided to split after almost three years of marriage.
After nearly three years, reality TV stars Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy have decided to end their marriage.
"It brings me great sadness to say that Jason and I are separating," Frankel said in a statement. "This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family."
"We have love and respect for one another and will continue to amicably co-parent our daughter who is and will always remain our first priority," the statement continued. "This is an immensely painful and heartbreaking time for us."
A stint on NBC's The Apprentice in 2005 launched Frankel in front of the public eye, and the business womanhas been on reality television ever since. Frankel met Hoppy ("a regular guy with a regular salary," according to Frankel) at a nightclub in 2008 while starring on Bravo's The Real Housewives of New York City. She landed her own spinoff in 2010, Bethenny Getting Married?, documenting her pregnancy 11 months into their relationship and their marriage when Bethenny was seven months pregnant. The show became Bravo's highest-rated series premiere, drawing 2.1 million total viewers.
After the nuptials, the show was expanded into Bethenny Ever After, which documented the couple's lives in New York City with their two-year-old daughter, Bryn, as well as Bethenny's Skinnygirl business, a line of low-calorie cocktails, which she sold last year to Beam Global for a jaw-dropping $120 million. The series averaged 1.4 million viewers in season two, and 1.1 million viewers in season three, with the final episode airing in May.
Since then, Frankel and Hoppy have fought rumors that they were divorcing, but said at the time that they were working out their marriage.
I am heartbroken. I am sad. We will work through this as a family.
— Bethenny Frankel (@Bethenny) December 23, 2012
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott