Bette Midler Cast in Phil Spector Pic at HBO Films
Jeffrey Tambor also joins the cast as a defense attorney.
Bette Midler has been cast opposite Al Pacino in HBO Films’ Phil Spector telefilm.
The singer-actress will play Linda Kenney Baden, a defense attorney who represented the producer during his first trial for murder.
Also joining the cast of the telefilm -- written and directed by Academy Award nominee David Mamet (Wag the Dog) -- is Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), who will play Bruce Cutler, a attorney on Spector’s defense team.
Barry Levinson is on board to executive produce the film, which is in development and revolves around the relationship between Spector and Baden.
Midler’s last TV series gig was for CBS in 2000-01 with Bette, a sitcom in which she played herself. Sixteen of the series’ 18 episodes aired.
Midler picked up a nomination for her 1993 telepic, Gypsy, which also aired on CBS.
Levinson exec produced and directed HBO’s TV movie You Don’t Know Jack, for which he and star Pacino both earned Emmys.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'