Bette Midler Cast in Phil Spector Pic at HBO Films
Jeffrey Tambor also joins the cast as a defense attorney.
Bette Midler has been cast opposite Al Pacino in HBO Films’ Phil Spector telefilm.
The singer-actress will play Linda Kenney Baden, a defense attorney who represented the producer during his first trial for murder.
Also joining the cast of the telefilm -- written and directed by Academy Award nominee David Mamet (Wag the Dog) -- is Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), who will play Bruce Cutler, a attorney on Spector’s defense team.
Barry Levinson is on board to executive produce the film, which is in development and revolves around the relationship between Spector and Baden.
Midler’s last TV series gig was for CBS in 2000-01 with Bette, a sitcom in which she played herself. Sixteen of the series’ 18 episodes aired.
Midler picked up a nomination for her 1993 telepic, Gypsy, which also aired on CBS.
Levinson exec produced and directed HBO’s TV movie You Don’t Know Jack, for which he and star Pacino both earned Emmys.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR