Bette Midler to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award From Songwriters Hall of Fame
The "Wind Beneath My Wings" singer will be honored at the organization's annual gala on June 14.
Bette Midler is getting the Sammy Cahn Lifetime Achievement Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
The singer will receive the honor on June 14 at the organization's annual gala paying tribute to excellence in the realm of songwriting, Songwriters Hall of Fame chairman Jimmy Webb announced Thursday. The event will be held at the Marrior Marquis Hotel in New York City.
"Bette Midler captivated the world early in her long career with her stylish presentation and unmistakable voice, making each song her own, and turning them into pure gold," Webb said.
As previously announced, Gordon Lightfoot, Bob Seger, Don Schlitz, Harvey Schmidt & Tom Jones and Jim Steinman will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
The Grammy winning-Midler has released 15 albums, fronted 19 live tours and has sold more than 30 million records worldwide. The singer and actress' chart-topping hits include "Wind Beneath My Wings," "The Rose" and "From a Distance."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services