Better Than Ezra Signs With The End Records
The New Orleans-based rock band will tour before releasing their eighth studio album this summer.
Better Than Ezra has signed with The End Records, it was announced Monday. The group, featuring co-founding members Kevin Griffin and Tom Drummond along with Michael Jerome, who joined in 2009, will also kick off a national tour this spring.
"We couldn't be more thrilled to team up with The End," said Griffin in a statement. "With this upcoming album, it was really about exploring and reinventing a band that has been together for 25 years while staying true to who we are as artists."
Distributed by ADA, the band's eighth album -- their first since 2009's Paper Empire -- is set for a summer release, with Grammy-nominated producer/mixer Tony Hoffer (Beck, Fitz and the Tantrums) at the helm. The record's release details have yet to be announced.
The trio will hit the road for a national tour this spring in support of their forthcoming album. Tour dates are listed below and on the band's official site.
4/23 - New York, NY at Irving Plaza
4/24 - Boston, MA at Paradise Rock Club
4/26 - Westbury NY at The Space at Westbury
4/27 - Washington, DC at 9:30 Club
4/28 - Philadelphia, PA at Theatre of the Living Arts
4/30 - Atlanta, GA at Variety Playhouse
5/3 - New Orleans, LA at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws