Betty White on Emmy Nomination: 'It's a Lovely Way to Cap a Long Career'
“I’m going to be 90 in January. Don’t you think it’s a little amazing that at this age you’re still this lucky?” the "Hot in Cleveland" star tells THR.
“Oh, I’m really thrilled,” Hot in Cleveland star Betty White told The Hollywood Reporter minutes after learning of her nomination for best supporting actress in a comedy series.
Still in bed, the 89-year-old actress let out a series of giddy sighs as she digests the news her agent has just delivered: “I’m going to be 90 in January. Ninety. Don’t you think it’s a little bit amazing that at this age you’re still as lucky?”
PHOTOS: All the Emmy Nominees
She suggests her Cleveland co-stars – Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick -- were snubbed, joking that the “only reason they chose me and not them is because they could spell my name.”
White is not yet sure how she’ll celebrate, but acknowledges, “It’s a lovely way to cap a long career.”
Emmy Nominations: 'Mildred Pierce,' 'Mad Men' Lead
Not that the octogenarian and multiple Emmy winner has any plans to slow down.
“I’ve got a book deadline in August, so I’ve got to get that done,” she begins ticking off her projects. “We go back to Hot in Cleveland in September, but then I have a new game show, [NBC’s] Off their Rockers, which has its first casting meeting on Monday.”
She adds, “To still be working at this age is such a privilege.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'