Betty White gets comic book treatment
Her cartoon hits stores this November
Betty White is the latest star to get the comic book treatment.
The 88-year-old actress, who has experienced a career comeback on the heels of a Snickers Super Bowl commercial and much-lauded Saturday Night Live hosting job, will be drawn as a cartoon for "Female Force: Betty White," to be produced by Bluewater Productions. The 32-page book will hit stores in November and will retail for $3.99.
"Betty White has had such an amazing entertainment career…It’s one that has now spanned more than 70 years," Bluewater president and founder Darren G. Davis said in a statement of White, who first gained fame on the Mary Tyler Moore show and Golden Girls, and is currently starring on TV Land's Hot in Cleveland. "The biggest challenge that the creative team behind this book faced was figuring out how to include as much of this career as possible in one comic."
Added the book's writer, Patrick McCray, "Working on the Betty book was an honor and a blast. While covering a new entertainer is always fun, there is something special about profiling an icon. Not only did it allow me to savor nostalgia, it also let me catch up on areas of pop culture that had passed me by."
Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin are among the other famous figures who have been included in Bluewater's "Female Force" comic book series.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!