Beyonce Describes Playing a Queen of the Forest in 'Epic' Featurette (Video)
"What I like most about Tara is that she sets a great example for the people that she protects," says the singer, who voices a character in the CG action-adventure comedy.
Beyonce may be a queen in the music industry already, but she's taking on another role as an animated queen in the upcoming CG action-adventure comedy, Epic.
In a new featurette for the film, which is set to Beyonce's "Halo," the pop diva takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the making of the film, which will hit theaters on May 24.
"I've always wanted to be a queen," she says.
Beyonce voices Queen Tara, the Mother Nature-like queen of the forest, who sports a glowing green ensemble for most of the film. The project follows Mary Katherine (Amanda Seyfried), a young girl who lived in a cabin in the woods, and finds herself in the middle of a battle between the forces of good and evil.
"What I like most about Tara is that she sets a great example for the people that she protects," Beyonce says.
The film, being distributed by 20th Century Fox, is based on William Joyce's children book The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs. It also features the voices of Josh Hutcherson, Colin Farrell and Christoph Waltz.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR