Beyonce's Secret Strategy for Sticking With Her Vegan Diet
The singer was hesitant to join husband Jay Z's idea in going plant-based, but insiders tell THR she's found a way to help her avoid temptation.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Beyonce has found a way to help keep her on a 22-day vegan diet: encourage staff and loved ones to join in. Sources say she was hesitant to join Jay Z in going plant-based starting Dec. 4, his 44th birthday. Now, she's sticking it out but is wary of temptation.
"She encourages everyone around her to try it too. She doesn't want food nearby to tempt her," says an insider, noting Beyonce's love of wings and ribs. A spokeswoman for Beyonce had no comment.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR