Beyonce, Jay-Z Release First Statement After Birth of Child
"We are in heaven," said the couple of the arrival of Blue Ivy Carter.
"Hello Hello Baby Blue!" starts the statement from new parents, Beyonce and Jay-Z. The music powercouple brought their first child, Blue Ivy Carter, into the world on Saturday at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.
The released an official statement on Monday, writing, "We are happy to announce the arrival of our beautiful daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, born on Saturday, January 7, 2012."
"Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven," they add in the statement. "She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs. and it was the best experience of both of our lives."
Fans have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Beyonce and Jay-Z's child since Beyonce revealed she was pregnant back at the MTV VMA awards. Rumors began spreading more than a week ago that Beyonce had already had the child.
Even on the day of the actual birth, more rumors swirled including that the couple shelled out $1.3 million to book a whole floor in the maternity ward, a claim that the hospital quickly refuted.
"The suggestion that the couple paid $1.3 million to rent an entire maternity floor is simply not true. The family is housed in an executive suite at the hospital and is being billed the standard rate for those accommodations. Our executive suites are available for any patient, including the food service and amenities provided to the Carter family," Frank Danza, a spokesman for Lenox Hill Hospital stated.
Jay-Z has also released a musical statement about the birth of his daughter. The rapper released a song, “Glory” feat. B.I.C., on his website on Monday. In the rap, Jay spits that, “My greatest creation was you” and dedicates the track to “the most beautiful girl in the world.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!