Beyonce's Father Mathew Knowles Marries
The star's ex-manager wed former model Gena Charmaine Avery in Houston.
Beyonce has a stepmother. Her father and former manager, Mathew Knowles, got married last Sunday. His representative told The Associated Press on Friday that he has wed former model Gena Charmaine Avery in Houston, Texas. The pair had been engaged for a year and a half.
The 48-year-old Avery is a realtor. The 61-year-old Knowles guided his daughter to superstardom with the group Destiny's Child and later in her solo career; she released her father as her manager in 2011.
Knowles, head of Music World Entertainment, still manages several gospel acts including Grammy-winner Le'Andria Johnson.
Knowles and Beyonce's mother, Tina, divorced in 2011 after 31 years of marriage and two children - Beyonce and her sister, fellow singer Solange.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR