BFI London Film Festival Opener 'Captain Phillips' to Screen Across the U.K. and in Ireland
The Tom Hanks-starring, true-story-inspired Somalian-pirate drama will be simulcast the evening of its European premiere.
LONDON – Paul Greengrass' Captain Phillips, starring Tom Hanks, will sail into movie theaters across the U.K. and in Dublin as a simulcast when it opens the 57th BFI London Film Festival on Oct. 9.
Festival organizers said Thursday that the opening night festivities, starting with red carpet arrivals at the British capital's Odeon Leicester Square and then the movie, will be beamed into Cineworld theaters across the U.K., including cinemas in Edinburgh, Cambridge, Birmingham and Brighton.
Hanks, Greengrass, castmember Barkhad Abdi and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca are all scheduled to stroll down the carpet ahead of the film's European premiere.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!