'Big Bang Theory's' Jim Parsons to Make Broadway Debut
The Emmy and Golden Globe winner will star in "The Normal Heart" beginning next month.
Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons will make his Broadway debut in The Normal Heart.
Parsons, who won a Golden Globe and Emmy for his portrayal of geek physicist Sheldon Cooper on the CBS series, will play Tommy Boatwright, a Southerner in a group of HIV/AIDS activists in the early 1980s.
Lee Pace, who starred on Pushing Daisies, which ABC canceled, will play closeted fellow activist Bruce Niles.
The limited, 12-week engagement begins previews on April 19, and opens April 27.
Ellen Barkin, Joe Mantello, John Benjamin Hickey and Felix Turner are previously announced castmembers.
The Normal Heart will be produced on Broadway by Daryl Roth and Paul Boskind.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David