'Big Bang Theory's' Jim Parsons to Make Broadway Debut
The Emmy and Golden Globe winner will star in "The Normal Heart" beginning next month.
Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons will make his Broadway debut in The Normal Heart.
Parsons, who won a Golden Globe and Emmy for his portrayal of geek physicist Sheldon Cooper on the CBS series, will play Tommy Boatwright, a Southerner in a group of HIV/AIDS activists in the early 1980s.
Lee Pace, who starred on Pushing Daisies, which ABC canceled, will play closeted fellow activist Bruce Niles.
The limited, 12-week engagement begins previews on April 19, and opens April 27.
Ellen Barkin, Joe Mantello, John Benjamin Hickey and Felix Turner are previously announced castmembers.
The Normal Heart will be produced on Broadway by Daryl Roth and Paul Boskind.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical