'Big Bang Theory's' Jim Parsons to Make Broadway Debut
The Emmy and Golden Globe winner will star in "The Normal Heart" beginning next month.
Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons will make his Broadway debut in The Normal Heart.
Parsons, who won a Golden Globe and Emmy for his portrayal of geek physicist Sheldon Cooper on the CBS series, will play Tommy Boatwright, a Southerner in a group of HIV/AIDS activists in the early 1980s.
Lee Pace, who starred on Pushing Daisies, which ABC canceled, will play closeted fellow activist Bruce Niles.
The limited, 12-week engagement begins previews on April 19, and opens April 27.
Ellen Barkin, Joe Mantello, John Benjamin Hickey and Felix Turner are previously announced castmembers.
The Normal Heart will be produced on Broadway by Daryl Roth and Paul Boskind.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR