Mayim Bialik and Husband Divorcing
“Divorce is terribly sad, painful and incomprehensible for children," The "Big Bang Theory" star wrote in a blog post. "It is not something we have decided lightly.”
Mayim Bialik announced Wednesday that she and her husband of nine years, Michael Stone, are getting divorced.
“After much consideration and soul-searching, Michael and I have arrived at the decision to divorce due to ‘irreconcilable differences,’ " Bialik wrote in a blog post on the parenting website Kveller. “Divorce is terribly sad, painful and incomprehensible for children. It is not something we have decided lightly.”
Bialik, who stars on the CBS comedy The Big Bang Theory, married Stone in August 2003. They have two sons together, Milkes, 7, and Frederick, 4.
She has been an advocate of a attached parenting, a style which encourages parents to maintain physical contact with their young children, nurse them for several years and not discipline them severely.
She said the couple’s parenting choices did not contribute to the couple’s divorce.
“The hands-on style of parenting we practice played no role in the changes that led to this decision; relationships are complicated no matter what style of parenting you choose,” Bialik wrote. “The main priority for us now is to make the transition to two loving homes as smooth and painless as possible. Our sons deserve parents committed to their growth and health and that’s what we are focusing on.”
She closed by asking for privacy for her family, which she said “has always been important and is even more so now” as they move foward.
In addition to her work on The Big Bang Theory, Bialik is known for playing the title role in the '90s sitcom Blossom, which ran for five seasons on NBC. She is the author of the book Beyond the Sling, A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way, and earned a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!