Big Boi Avoids Jail Time in Drug Case
The OutKast rapper struck a plea deal in a Miami courtroom on Thursday.
OutKast rapper Big Boi will not face jail time following an August drug bust, in which he was arrested for possession of Ecstasy, MDMA, Viagra and a cigarette roller with marijuana residue.
The 36-year-old struck a plea deal in a Miami courtroom on Thursday, Oct. 13, which requires that he submit to three months of drug testing, community service and $2,000 paid in charitable donations. The AP reports that after three months of remaining drug free, Big Boi’s two felony drug charges will be dismissed.
The rapper (real name: Antwan Patton) was arrested while exiting a cruise ship in August, when a K-9 police dog sniffing for drugs alerted to him.
Along with partner Andre 3000, OutKast has won six Grammys. In April, Big Boi announced that he would be working with Modest Mouse on their upcoming album, while he is also expected to release a joint album with rappers Mike Bigga and Pill.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama