'Big Brother's' Jeff Schroeder Goes on Homophobic Rant About 'Harry Potter's' Dumbledore
The reality star's outburst sparked an internet frenzy.
In the Big Brother house, there are plenty of strange conversations, especially in the wee hours of the night. However, when two members of the Big Brother 13 cast got into an argument Tuesday, the remarks by housemate Jeff Schroeder came under severe criticism.
Schroeder, Kalia Booker and a few of the other housemates were talking about the Harry Potter books and films, when Schroeder was shocked to find out that the headmaster of the Hogwarts school, Dumbledore, might be gay. (While writer J.K. Rowling has said she always considered the character to be gay, he’s sexuality is never openly discussed in the book.)
Schroeder, who has clearly never read the books or seen the movies, was appalled that a teacher at a school would be gay, which he seemed to think was the same as being a pedophile. (Watch video here.)
“I don’t think it’s the right thing to have a little kid’s book and have the headmaster that you’re locked away with in a magical land be gay” he said. “I don’t think that’s the right thing to do.”
Booker shot back that she felt there was nothing wrong with a teacher being gay.
Schroeder got angrier, and yelled back, “You know exactly what I’m saying; don’t make it seem like you’re doing the right thing by saying that it’s not. You’re going to let a story book, where they go to fantasy camp, and it’s all little kids without their parents and the guy is gay.”
Schroeder accused Booker of giving the “right” answer for the cameras, but Booker then pointed out that her younger sister is gay.
“But I don’t understand. I truly don’t understand,” Booker said about Schroeder’s comments.
Schroeder first appeared as a houseguest on Big Brother 11 where he stirred up controversy when he yelled anti-gay slurs at another housemate. He also competed on Amazing Race 16, and a web series on CBS.com called Around the World for Free, in which he traveled around the world without money.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical