'The Big C' and 'Sherlock' Big Winners at Banff Rockies Awards
Showtime's "The Big C" and BBC Wales' "Sherlock: A Study in Pink" got prize-giving at the Banff World Media Festival underway as Banff Rockies for fiction series were handed out Sunday night.
BANFF, ALBERTA – Masterpiece Theatre’s Sherlock: A Study in Pink from BBC Wales on Sunday night won the best continuing series prize at the Banff Rockie Awards.
Trophy-giving at the Banff World Media Festival got underway with the fiction awards, and the Sherlock crime drama from Britain’s Hartswood Films beating out HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy and ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars for the best continuing series Rockie.
Showtime’s The Big C from Sony Pictures Television won for the best sitcom against competition that included NBC’s Community and BBC’s Miranda and Rev comedies.
And the Rockie for best soap went to Eva Luna from Univision and Venevision Productions, which beat back competition from ITV’s Coronation Street, NBC’s Days of Our Lives and Telemundo’s The Queen of the South.
Elsewhere, the Canadian series Stella and Sam from Radical Sheep Productions for Family Channel won the best kids TV series competition, and PBS’ Sid the Science Kid from The Jim Henson Company grabbed the Rockie for best animation show.
The Banff World Media Festival, which runs to Wednesday, will be handing out additional Rockies in the non-fiction and interactive categories.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR