Big CBS Launches First Channel
India Joint Venture to Draw on U.S. Channel's Hits
MUMBAI -- Big CBS Networks Private Ltd., the joint venture between India’s multimedia conglomerate Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd. and CBS Studios International, announced the launch of Big CBS Prime, the first channel from its recently announced three channel bouquet.
The English general entertainment channel will hit television screens across India this November.
Big CBS Prime will draw from CBS's vast program library, which contains over 70,000 hours of content, with shows such as The Defenders and Blue Bloods, and fresh seasons of shows including NCIS, Survivor and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
“We are very proud to be changing the way English entertainment is consumed in India, with the launch of Big CBS Prime. With a fabulous line up of the best shows from the US, and our promise of delivering the freshest, hottest and latest programming, exclusively on the channel, we are confident of attracting the right mix of eyeballs. The programming will offer unmatched and unparalleled entertainment to audiences in India, as we grow the English television entertainment space,” Big CBS Networks business head Aparnaa Pande said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR