The Big Gamble Behind 'Thor'
Marvel execs call it their 'most complicated' movie ever. Now Kenneth Branagh, a director better known for Shakespeare than summer blockbusters, explains how he was entrusted to helm a $150 million movie that could make or break his storied career.
Six warriors charge through a vast golden gate, clad in Viking-like leather and metal, their steeds thundering over a rainbow bridge that will carry them to another world -- and freeze. "Hold it right there," says Kenneth Branagh.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Theater: Fiona Shaw Rocks In One Of The Last Shows Of The Year
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- A Christmas Gift For You: A Conversation with Phil Spector & The Crystals' La La Brooks, Chatting with The Piano Guys, Plus Pink Martini and Sydney York Exclusives
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12