Big Sean, Juicy J and Alabama Tribute Heading for Top 10 on Billboard 200
The "Hall of Fame" rapper may sell around 70,000 copies of his new album in the week ending Sept. 1.
Rappers Big Sean and Juicy J, along with a new tribute album to country band Alabama, are headed for the top of the Billboard 200 albums chart next week.
Industry sources suggest Big Sean's new Hall of Fame may sell around 70,000 copies in the week ending Sept. 1, which should enable it to make a top three debut next week. It's the follow-up to his debut studio effort, Finally Famous, which opened at No. 3 in 2011 with 87,000 (according to Nielsen SoundScan).
As previously reported, rock band Avenged Sevenfold is on its way to a second No. 1 album. Its new Hail to the King should bow in the top slot with around 160,000 to 175,000.
The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, Sept. 4.
Academy Award winner Juicy J -- of rap act Three 6 Mafia -- should see his new album, Stay Trippy, also bow in the top 10. It might sell around 60,000. It will easily mark the best week for any of Juicy J's solo sets. He's never gone higher than No. 93 on the chart, a peak reached with 2002's Chronicles of the Juice Man: Underground Album.
(Juicy J won the 2005 Academy Award for Best Original Song. He co-wrote "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" from the film Hustle & Flow.)
Finally, the fourth top 10 debut next week will come from the new tribute album Alabama & Friends. The 12-song set, which features contemporary stars covering some of Alabama's biggest hits, might sell around 25,000.
The new collection also includes two new songs from Alabama itself: "That's How I Was Raised" and "All American."
Alabama has scored 33 No. 1s on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart -- the most of any group in history. The new tribute album includes eight of those No. 1s, as covered by the likes of Florida Georgia Line, Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead