Bigas Luna, Enrique Gonzalez Macho to Run for President of the Spanish Film Academy
The candidates will present their platforms at a general assembly before academy members on March 24 and 25.
MADRID -- Spanish director Bigas Luna and veteran art house distributor, producer and exhibitor Enrique Gonzalez Macho of Alta Films are the two candidates that will run for president of the Spanish Film Academy when elections are held April 10.
The two candidates will present their respective platforms at a general assembly before academy members on March 24 and 25.
The academy was forced to hold early elections when Alex de la Iglesia announced he would step down early following a public falling-out with the culture minister over an approved anti-download law.
De la Iglesia urged the Spanish film industry to embrace the Internet and find a new business model.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR