Bigger Problem: Nickelodeon or MTV?
Viacom's two unruly children draw analyst ire, but one has far larger issues.
Viacom has been on the hot seat this year due to declining ratings at Nickelodeon, with fallout including the recent departures of acquisitions executive Paul Ward, programming exec Pete Danielsen and animation chief Brown Johnson. But now the heat is on MTV as well, courtesy of a lengthy Oct. 10 report from Wall Street analyst Todd Juenger of Bernstein Research, who contends that, while Nick's ratings have "arguably bottomed out," MTV's "will be down double digits across the next four quarters."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR