Bill Clinton Teams Up With 'Oprah' Mogul Michael King to Raise Money for Obama
The TV mogul will host a breakfast at his Pacific Palisades estate for the president on Oct. 8, featuring Clinton and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro.
Former President Bill Clinton and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro are teaming up with TV mogul Michael King to raise money for Barack Obama at a breakfast with the president during his October trip to Los Angeles.
Clinton and Castro, who gave a primetime keynote address at the DNC recently, are set to host the gathering at King's Pacific Palisades estate on Oct. 8, the day after the "30 Days to Victory Concert" for Obama at the Nokia Theatre. The concert features performances by Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Jon Bon Jovi and Earth, Wind and Fire.
King is a TV executive who inherited King World Productions, which launched Harpo's The Oprah Winfrey Show as well as Dr. Phil McGraw's talk show into syndication. King World was acquired by CBS in 1999, and later merged with CBS Paramount Television to create the CBS Television Distribution Group.
Tickets to the King event range from $1000 for "general seating" to $40,000 for "co-host greet, photo opportunity and premium seating" at the breakfast.
Jeffrey Katzenberg is also co-hosting a $25,000-per-person dinner for Obama during the October trip.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR