Bill Condon to Rewrite Fox's P.T. Barnum Musical Starring Hugh Jackman (Exclusive)
Commercials director and visual effects wizard Michael Gracey is on board to helm the biopic, titled "The Greatest Showman on Earth."
Bill Condon is turning his attentions from Julian Assange to P.T. Barnum.
The helmer of The Fifth Estate has signed on to rewrite 20th Century Fox's contemporary musical The Greatest Showman on Earth, starring Hugh Jackman as Barnum.
Commercials director and visual effects wizard Michael Gracey is on board to helm the biopic about the legendary showman who created the three-ring circus and loved to hoax a gullible public. A focal point of the movie is Barnum’s infatuation with opera singer Jenny Lind, dubbed the Swedish Nightingale. No actress is attached to that role yet.
Jenny Bicks (Sex and the City) wrote the original draft of Greatest Showman. Jackman is producing with Laurence Mark (Dreamgirls).
The last film that Condon wrote was the 2006 musical Dreamgirls, which he also directed. That film was nominated for eight Academy Awards. He will next direct the Sherlock Holmes pic A Slight Trick of the Mind, with Ian McKellen starring.
Condon, who also directed the final two Twilight films, is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws