Bill Maher Mystified by Charlie Sheen’s Loyal Fans: 'There’s No Rationality For it'
"There’s no rhyme or reason. People just like who they like," the "Real Time" host tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Following Charlie Sheen's radio rant on Thursday, Real Time host Bill Maher told THR that he is at a loss to understand America's true devotion for the controversial actor.
"There’s no rhyme or reason. People just like who they like," Maher said at The Hollywood Reporter Nominees' Night party on Thursday. "There’s no rationality to it. “
"I once did a new rule on my show that was something like, ‘What does Charlie have to do to alienate the American population? What if he came out and said, ‘Hi, I’m Charlie Sheen. I was the 20th hijacker. But I missed my plane that morning because I was raping Mary Tyler Moore.' "
"Would they still stay with him?" he added. "The answer is yes."
Sheen's radio outburst on Thursday has caused national headlines and lead to the cancellation of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season.
Maher said he had dinner with Sheen about a year and a half ago. "He couldn't have been more sober or charming," he said.
"He obviously has different tastes," Maher added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR