Bill Maher unearths Christine O'Donnell clip
Tea-party candidate talks about 'dabbling in witchcraft'
Tea-party Republican Christine O'Donnell, who is running for the Delaware Senate, canceled two television appearances last week after Bill Maher showed old footage of her admitting she "dabbled in witchcraft."
In a 1999 clip from Maher's ABC Show, "Politically Incorrect," where she was a conservative pundit, O'Donnell admits, "One of my first dates [with] a witch was on a satanic altar and then we had a little midnight picnic." Watch below.
O'Donnell was supposed to appear on "Fox News Sunday" and CBS' "Face the Nation" over the weekend before Maher showed the clips on his HBO show last week.
Her campaign says there was no connection between her ducking out of the Sunday shows to the clips; instead, she was too busy at church at a GOP picnic. "It was high school!" she explained. "Bill wanted ratings… I gave him ratings!"
This won't be the only clip of O'Donnell to hit the Web. Maher promises to unearth and air one a week until she agrees to be a guest on his current show.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!