Bill Maher unearths Christine O'Donnell clip
Tea-party candidate talks about 'dabbling in witchcraft'
Tea-party Republican Christine O'Donnell, who is running for the Delaware Senate, canceled two television appearances last week after Bill Maher showed old footage of her admitting she "dabbled in witchcraft."
In a 1999 clip from Maher's ABC Show, "Politically Incorrect," where she was a conservative pundit, O'Donnell admits, "One of my first dates [with] a witch was on a satanic altar and then we had a little midnight picnic." Watch below.
O'Donnell was supposed to appear on "Fox News Sunday" and CBS' "Face the Nation" over the weekend before Maher showed the clips on his HBO show last week.
Her campaign says there was no connection between her ducking out of the Sunday shows to the clips; instead, she was too busy at church at a GOP picnic. "It was high school!" she explained. "Bill wanted ratings… I gave him ratings!"
This won't be the only clip of O'Donnell to hit the Web. Maher promises to unearth and air one a week until she agrees to be a guest on his current show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram