Bill Murray in Talks to Join Bradley Cooper in Cameron Crowe's Romantic Comedy
The film also stars Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Danny McBride, Alec Baldwin, Jay Baruchel and Edi Gathegi.
Bill Murray is eyeing a role in Cameron Crowe's untitled romantic comedy for Sony, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Bradley Cooper is set to star in the movie as a defense contractor who falls for an Air Force pilot (Emma Stone) after he's assigned to oversee the launch of a weapons satellite from Hawaii. The two then team up to put a stop to the launch.
The movie, targeted for a 2014 release, also stars Rachel McAdams, Danny McBride, Alec Baldwin, Jay Baruchel and Edi Gathegi.
The film would mark a reunion for Murray and producer Scott Rudin, who produced the Murray starrers The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou, The Darjeeling Limited and Moonrise Kingdom.
This would be Murray's first collaboration with Crowe. The Wrap was the first to report the news of Murray's possible involvement in the film.
Murray next appears in George Clooney's World War II-set movie The Monuments Men, also from Sony, which hits theaters Dec. 18.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For