Why Bill Nye 'The Science Guy' Collapsed on Stage
The Emmy winner fainted multiple times during a presentation at USC before being carted away by paramedics.
Bill Nye collapsed multiple times on stage Tuesday night while speaking at the University of Southern California.
His rep says Nye, who won an Emmy for his show Bill Nye the Science Guy, was overworked.
"Bill Nye is feeling much better after a good night's rest," his rep, Glenn Schwartz, tells USA Today. "He says he pushed himself too hard after a long day of an early satellite media tour combined with a late night speech."
Nye fainted several times while speaking about science education, and according to the Los Angeles Times, slurred his speech and stumbled over his laptop.
Nye -- who refused to sit down -- was eventually removed from the stage and treated by the Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics.
Nye's show aired from 1993 to 1998.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR