Bill Paxton Joins Kevin Costner in History Miniseries 'The Hatfields and McCoys'
Kevin Reynolds has been tapped to direct the Paxton-Costner star vehicle as History pushes into the miniseries genre.
History miniseries The Hatfields and McCoys adds Golden Globe nominee Bill Paxton to its cast.
The actor, who is set to play Randall McCoy, will join Oscar winner Kevin Costner who was tapped in May to produce and star as "Devil" Anse Hatfield. Kevin Reynolds (Red Dawn, The Count of Monte Cristo, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) is attached to direct.
The project, which will center on the bloody hostilities between two clans that escalated to the point of near war between two states, will air next year, the 150th anniversary of the country's most infamous family feud.
It is part of the largely unscripted cable network's push to move into the potentially brand-enhancing miniseries space. Despite an early misfire with The Kennedys, which ultimately aired on the ReelzChannel, History is also readying efforts including The Bible, a mini from Mark Burnett.
The miniseries comes from Leslie Greif’s Thinkfactory Media, which also counts History's Mounted in Alaska and A&E's Gene Simmons: Family Jewels among its credits.
Paxton, whose past projects include Big Love, Apollo13 and Titanic, is repped by WME.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR