'Bill & Ted 3' Script Is Finished, Star Tweets
Alex Winter, who starred opposite Keanu Reeves in the first two movies, says he is reading the screenplay.
Here's excellent news for Bill and Ted fans: The script for a threequel is finally finished.
Alex Winter -- who played Bill S. Preston Esq. in the first two movies, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, opposite Keanu Reeves' "Ted" Theodore Logan -- tweeted the news Sunday.
"Just got the script. And now to read...," Winter wrote.
The first Bill & Ted flick hit screens in 1989 and centered on two teen slackers who travel through time in a phone booth to ace their high school history project. The sequel was released in 1991.
In a recent interview, Reeves said the third installment's story arc might fit into the overall franchise.
"When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," he said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."
Winter first confirmed another movie was in the works last year.
"We have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great," he said at the time.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera