Billboard Music Awards to Air on ABC Live From Las Vegas
The show will be held at the MGM Grand on May 22.
The 2011 Billboard Music Awards will air live on ABC from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 22.
It will be co-executive produced by Richard D. Beckman, CEO of Prometheus Global Media, which owns Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter, and Don Mischer of Don Mischer Productions. (Mischer is also producing the 2011 Oscars alongside Bruce Cohen.)
“This show marks the first of several broadcast platforms we plan to build around the Billboard franchise,” said Beckman. “We have an incredible network partner and with Don Mischer, one of the finest producers in the world. We look forward to entertaining music fans with Billboard’s own rendition of a televised celebration of music.”
The awards will be based on objective measures: the reporting period of Billboard charts from February 28, 2010 through March 1, 2011. Top artists will be recognized in a variety of genres, for example R&B, Rap, Pop, Country, Rock, Latin and Alternative. Such recognition will be determined and authenticated by Billboard.
Read the full press release after the jump.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR