Billboard Music Awards: Fergie Expresses Support for Britney Spears
The Black Eyed Peas singer says she's happy that Spears is making "this huge of a comeback."
LAS VEGAS -- Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie expressed her support for fellow recording artist Britney Spears at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night.
"You know, I always hear about the Britney camp and how crazy tight they are with their rules, and all of that so ... I don't know. There's something about the power of Britney," Fergie told The Hollywood Reporter at the awards show, taking place at MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.
Fergie also expressed her happiness over Spears' ability to get her act together after her well-documented troubles.
"It's amazing," Fergie said. "For this many years being in the business, and everything she's been through, it's wonderful to see her make this huge of a comeback. Really, it's a beautiful thing."
Spears opened the Billboard awards show with Rihanna, performing their "S&M" remix. Watch the performance here.
The Billboard Music Awards airs live on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws