Billboard Music Awards Playlist and Collaborations Revealed
Will.i.am and Justin Bieber will team up for "That Power"; Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne for "High School"; Christina Aguilera, Pitbull and a surprise guest will "Feel This Moment" at May 19 event.
When superstars come together on a collaboration, the results can be electrifying. The 2013 Billboard Music Awards promise to be a highly-charged night, with confirmation that some of the biggest names in music will team-up to perform their biggest hits.
A few of the collaborations tipped for the May 19 show are Christina Aguilera, Pitbull and a special surprise guest, with "Feel This Moment"; Ne-Yo, with David Guetta and Akon on "Play Hard"; Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez, on "Live It Up"; Will.I.Am with Justin Bieber on "The Power"; and Nicki Minaj with Lil Wayne, on "High School."
The Las Vegas show will air on ABC at 8 ET, live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena. 30 Rock alum Tracy Morgan will host, with Don Mischer producing.
The star-studded show has previously announced performances from Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Miguel, Justin Bieber, Pitbull, Christina Aguilera, Selena Gomez, the Band Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Kacey Musgraves and Prince, with the latter set to receive the Billboard Icon Award and perform at the show.
Madonna will also take the stage to accept the Top Touring Artist award, recognizing the highest-grossing concert touring act of the year.
Bieber, Swift and Mars are also vying for the Milestone Award, presented by Chevrolet, which is a fan-driven honor that one voter will get to present at the show alongside Cee-Lo Green.
Presenters include Miley Cyrus, PSY, Shania Twain, Ke$ha and Nashville star Hayden Panettiere, among others.
Billboard Music Awards finalists were based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements were tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Entertainment and Next Big Sound.
The awards is sponsored by Chevrolet, Las Vegas, Samsung Galaxy S® 4 and Buffalo David Bitton, while entertainment programming expert Cambio will serve as the exclusive online partner for the 2013 Billboard Music Awards.
The confirmed lineup of solo performances and collaborations:
- Christina Aguilera, Pitbull, special guest, "Feel This Moment"
- David Guetta, Ne-Yo & Akon, "Play Hard"
- Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull, "Live It Up"
- Will.I.Am & Justin Bieber, "That Power"
- Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne, "High School"
- Justin Bieber, "Take You"
- Chris Brown, "Fine China"
- Selena Gomez, "Come And Get It"
- Icona Pop, "I Love It"
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Thrift Shop"
- Bruno Mars, "Treasure"
- Miguel, "Adorn"
- Kacey Musgraves, "Merry Go Round"
- The Band Perry, "Better Dig Two"
- Prince (To be revealed)
- Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
- Taylor Swift, "22"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game