Billy Bob Thornton: Why I Took a Break From Acting
"Faster" co-star says he's been concentrating on another passion for the past two years.
It's been two years since Billy Bob Thornton appeared in a big-budget movie, but the Faster co-star says he's been plenty busy during that time.
The actor says he's mostly been touring and recording with his country rock/rockabilly band, the Boxmasters.
"The last movie was Eagle Eye, and then we decided to hit the road," Thornton told Reuters. "Then I did Faster. With the economy, they aren't making as many movies, so when you see a good one you got to grab it, and Faster was that."
In the movie, which opened Wednesday, Thornton plays a cop who, only days from retirement, is assigned to track down a vengeance-seeking killer, played by Dwayne Johnson. [Read THR's review of the movie here.]
"The great thing about every character in [it], pretty much, there's sort of an ambiguity to all of them, and I always like characters like that," he said. "I don't know that there are any good guys or bad buys, everybody in it's got a pretty heavy past."
As for his band, the Boxmasters are set to release a fourth record, Bellflower, in early 2011. The two-CD set contains on disc of original songs and another of covers, according to the actor's official website.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche